The Houston Heights is a historic neighborhood that is located northeast of Downtown that dates back to the late 1800's. It is rich in character and filled with mom and pop-type shops and funky restaurants.
Oscar Martin Carter and group of investors established the Houston Heights in 1891. It was streetcar suburb of Houston which attracted people who did not wish to live in the dense city. It had its own municipality until the City of Houston annexed the heights in 1919.
1536 Nicholson St. is zoned to Love Elementary, Hamilton Middle School and Heights High School.